We offer take fish and catch and release tickets for 4 hours and 8 hours. We also offer discounted OAP (Mon-Fri), Clubs (for 8+tickets) and family permits. See our pricing section below for full details.
Facilities at Loganlea include a friendly fishing lodge with complimentary hot drinks; biscuits, cakes and sweets for sale; toilets and car parking.
We are open 7 days per week from the beginning of March through to the end of October. We open from 9.00am to dusk on weekdays and weekends.
Loganlea offers unrivalled fly fishing for trout from bank and boat and is situated in the heart of the Pentland Hills only 15 minutes from Edinburgh. The reservoir is stocked weekly with Hard fighting muscle bound fish up to 20lbs. (Supplied by Invicta Trout / Trossachs Trout)
In the event of cancellation of your booking(s) the following terms will apply:
Saturday and Sunday sessions require a minimum period of one week’s cancellation for one boat and two weeks cancellation for two or more boats.
Single angler boats at the weekend will be charged as a two man boat and subject to weather restrictions.
Note – We will always try to fill any cancellations and provide a refund if this is possible.
You can find fishing reports, prices, information about our facilities and even pick up some recipes for your catch.
Our regular anglers are always happy to give advice and weekly fishing reports are available to give you an indication of the most successful tactics.
Cracking water, friendly welcome and well stocked. Set in beautiful surroundings only minutes from the Edinburgh City Bypass.-Mike Wilson
Myself and mr brown 40 trout caught and safely put back including a couple of nice tigers Well worth a go Tight lines-Kenneth MacDonald
Edinburghs little secret amazing backdrop family run business extremely friendly and always very helpful and full of advice you can enjoy a cuppa and a chat with Karen & Ian in the hut which is always nice:-Marco Capozella
Great fishing only 20 minutes from Edinburgh !-George Boag
Some of the best fishing available-Mick Mulgrew
If you feel unwell or show any of the symptoms of covid-19 please cancel your session and stay at home.
(The main symptoms of coronavirus are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
The fishery will implement the following measures to protect anglers and their families:
– Please book in advance so that we can manage angler numbers
– Please bring the correct change for your session and payment will be taken through the cabin window. Please keep at least 2 meters away from others at all time.
– Boats are available for single anglers or anglers from the same household
– Social Distancing. Always keep at least 2 metres away from ALL other people on the bank (unless in your own household). In particular do not shake hands with anyone.
– Do not share cars, boats, tackle, nets, crockery, food etc with anyone else (unless in your own household).
– The cabin will not be open for food and drinks so please bring your own
– Bring your own hand sanitiser and wipes and use regularly during the day, especially if you have to use the WC provided by the fishery.
– Wash your hands regularly wherever possible.
– Wear gloves when touching doors, gates, styles, fences or any equipment that is not your own.
In addition you must use your own common sense at all times to reduce the risk of cross infection. If in doubt, don’t do it!
Fishing has continued to be good during the less bright spells this week. Fishing dry flies has been the best tactic when ther’s been cloud cover with emergers and daddies doing well. The brighter spells have required intermediate or sinking...
The fishing has improved over the last couple of weeks as the high temperatures have subsided. Lots of fish caught on a range of tactics – dries, lures, nymphs and buzzers. fish are well distributed over the reservoir – boats...
Fishing continues to be excellent with lots of fish being caught on dries, nymphs, lures and buzzers. The fish are well distributed over the reservoir and the following flies feature in the returns: diawl bachs, Black rabbits, Hares Ear Suspenders,...